Hey y’all! Today I wanted to share with y’all some of my favorite masks and scrubs. I absolutely love to treat myself to a masks or scrub at least once a week. This is especially great for those with combination/oily or dry skin, although normal skin types can also see benefits!
Quick side note: most of my facial masks are specific for troublesome skin and therefore have some clay in them. Clay is perfect for oily skin because it absorbs excess sebum.
- Clinique Acne Solutions Oil-Control Cleansing Mask: This was actually the first mask I ever purchased! It’s a medicated mask (it contain salicylic acid) that helps unclog pores and reduce acne. Because it also has clay, it helps with oily skin. It’s not my favorite mask, but it works okay. My skin feels fresh and soft afterwards. This product retails for $22 USD and can be bought online or in stores.
- Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask to Clear Pores: I love to use this mask as a mini facial! Apply it fresh out of the shower (when the steam opens your pores) or apply a warm cloth to your face before you use it. It tingles a bit and looks kind of funky (you’re putting charcoal on your skin), but it unclogs pores and draws out impurities. However, you do have to use this constantly to see results. It retails for $24 USD and can be bought online or in stores.
- Origins Out of Trouble 10 Minute Mask to Rescue Problem Skin: This is my absolute FAVORITE mask so far! I love how it feels on my skin (it tingles a bit) and leaves my face looking ah-mazing afterwords. Just like the Clear Improvements mask, this mask needs constant use in order to work its magic. Whenever my skin looks blah or I have many breakouts, I apply this after I shower and it turns my skin around. It diminishes redness and helps to calm the havoc. I would definitely recommend this to anyone, not just those with acne-prone skin. It retails for $24 and can be bought online or in stores.
- GlamGlow YouthMud Tinglexfoliate Treatment: I have to be completely honest with you on this one: I bought it on a whim thinking it was the Supermud Treatment (which, as it turns out, comes in a white jar). When I got home I realized the mistake I had made and, seeing as how I didn’t feel like taking the half-hour drive to my nearest Sephora to return it, I used it. I figured that if it didn’t work out, I could always give it to my mother. This mask is supposed to leave skin more radiant and younger-looking as well as provide exfoliation. According to some reviews, it also helps to get rid of blackheads. I must warn you though: this mask makes my face tingle SO MUCH. If you have very sensitive skin, I would not recommend it at all. My skin isn’t sensitive yet it turns a bit red after I remove the mask. But it does a good job of absorbing sebum (if only for a little while) and exfoliating. I purchased the $19 USD version at Sephora but the larger size retails for a steep $69. This product can be bought online or in stores.
Face and Body Scrubs:
- Clinique Exfoliating Scrub: Oh my word. The best-smelling and best-feeling facial scrub in the whole world. It feels and smells as if I’m rubbing mint leaves all over my face, and I ADORE IT. It does a great job of exfoliating my face and lips (just don’t swallow it) and leaves my skin as smooth as a baby’s bottom. It doesn’t break me out either. It retails for $19.50 USD and can be purchased online or in store.
- C.Booth Ginger Sugar Body Scrub: If I could marry an inanimate object, it may or may not be this scrub. What can I say? It smells amazing, it works amazing, it feels amazing, the price is amazing and the best part is that I DON’T HAVE TO MOISTURIZE AFTERWARDS. HALLELUJAH. I’ve only had this for a couple of months and have only used this 5 times, but I’m almost out. I love using this all over my body (especially on my ankles, knees and elbows) and it leaves me wanting to rub my legs ALL DAY. It retails for $8.99 USD and can be purchased online or in stores at ULTA.